- Burger chain Shake Shack is using bitcoin (BTC) as a benefit for purchases made at the hamburger chain utilizing Cash App, a digital wallet used by Block Inc, per the Wall Street Journal. Clients will get 15% of their purchase back in the kind of bitcoin on any Shake Shack purchase made with Cash Card, a debit card readily available to Cash App users, or by purchasing products using Cash Boost, a benefits program offered to Cash Card members, it included.
- Football club Manchester City signed a collaboration handle crypto exchange OKX, calling it the Club’s Official Cryptocurrency Exchange Partner. The brand-new partners will team up on a variety of special experiences for OKX’s worldwide consumer base, in addition to an in-stadium existence throughout the Etihad Stadium and Academy Stadium.
- Web3 video gaming platform metaENGINE revealed it raised USD 4m in seed financing in a round co-led by Lemniscap and Jump Crypto The concept is that metaENGINE will be a platform that assists GameFi (video gaming + Defi) designers going into the area through tools that can develop video gaming experiences in the metaverse.
- City-crypto state task Praxis stated it has raised USD 15 m in a Series A financing round led by Paradigm to construct a brand-new city arranged around the computer system transformation that enables numerous to work from anywhere they want. The funds will assist continue the momentum as Praxis aims to construct its property, governance, and engineering groups.
- Venture capital company Andreessen Horowitz(a16 z) invested USD 70 m in Lido Finance, a liquid staking service provider that makes it simpler to stake ether (ETH) and other proof-of-stake properties.
- Sherlock, a start-up that assures to safeguard crypto tasks from wise agreement hacks, stated it is wanting to raise USD 100 m in a public financing round beginning March 7 and lasting for 5 days. They included that the secondary function of this occasion is to bootstrap Sherlock’s on-chain treasury.
- The Central Bank of Brazil has selected 9 partners to assist establish a digital genuine, Brazil’s reserve bank digital currency (CBDC). The effort got 47 job propositions from Brazil, Germany, the United States, Israel, Mexico, Portugal, the UK, and Sweden, the bank included.
- Legendary artists Bob Dylan and Miles Davis will get their own NFTs later on this year through the NFT platform Snowcrash, per MusicWeek. The platform was introduced by Jesse Dylan, NFT leader Walter De Brouwer, and home entertainment executive Jeff Rosen, president of the Bob Dylan Music Company, in collaboration with Sony Music Entertainment and Universal Music Group
- Bitcoin mining business Genesis Digital Assets revealed a brand-new self-hosted Bitcoin mining information center in Sweden that anticipates having up to 100 MW megawatts online by 2024, all from 100% tidy energy sources.